Ladies, do we really know what we are doing? A young girl in Michigan was hospitalized, put into a medically induced coma, and put on life support. This is all due to Toxic Shock Syndrome. Caused by, none other than our wonderful friends, tampons. If you leave a tampon in for more than 8 hours you are highly likely to develop toxic shock. Toxic Shock Syndrome is an occurrence were something in your body turns toxic and slowly starts shutting down your body’s organs one by one. This is why it is so very important to change your feminine products several times a day. It is also imperative to all those reading this that It is not just girls who have this issue. Men can also develop toxic shock syndrome, however it is much more rare than women. Toxic Shock is extremely serious and very important that if you feel that you are falling ill contact your doctor immediately.
Pale and clammy skin, signaling a rapid drop in blood pressure; if toxic shock is left untreated at this stage, it will quickly lead to loss of consciousness, cardiac and respiratory failure, and death.