1. The Festival of Trees Held at the South Towne Expo Center, the walls and rooms are transformed into a Christmas wonderland. Adults tickets are sold for $6.00, children's tickets are sold for $3.00, and senior tickets are sold for $5.00 and all of the proceeds go towards to give a "Gift Of Love" to the children of Primary Children's Hospital. The event is held from November 30 to December 4.
2. Zoo Lights at Hogle Zoo Held at the Hogle Zoo in downtown Salt Lake, go see the animals in the winter while surrounded by gorgeous Christmas lights. Go with a date, a friend, or family and get yourself in the Christmas mood while experiencing animal's behavior in the snow and cold. Adults are admitted for $8.00, children for $6.00, and seniors for $7.00. The zoo lights open December 1 and continue through the month of December only (closed on Christmas Day).
3. Temple Square Lights Head down to Temple Square to experience a magical Christmas experience to get you in the Christmas spirit. 35 acres are covered in Christmas lights, decorations, and multiple nativity scenes are placed throughout the square. Free admission to lights as well as free concerts and performances daily.
4. The Tree of Life in Draper Park Held at the local Draper Park, the annual tree lighting ceremony for the Tree of Life is Monday, November 28 with free admission. The Tree of Life is set at the center of the Draper Park and surrounded by multiple colorful lit trees in the park. You can walk down the trail in Draper Park and experience a winter wonderland in a local neighborhood setting minutes from your home.
5. Live reindeer at Thanksgiving Point Go meet and hang out with live reindeer freely walking around Thanksgiving Point. From November 28 to December 23, from 12:00-10:00 (Monday-Friday) and from noon-12:00 (Saturday) with no admission cost and lots of fun.